Sunday, October 9, 2011

SNACK FOOD: ANIMAL MATE BISCUITS



So the last thing I tasted was the chocolate lollipop. Today I am taking a different approach and going with some sorta creepy looking biscuits. They are called "Animal Mate Biscuits" and  are made by "Takara". 

Animal Mate Biscuits - all the biscuits have a picture of an animal on them!
They are described on the packet to be:

1. a vegetarian biscuit (I thought most biscuits were vegetarian?)

2. "providing the nutrition you need and the fun you want"

These biscuits are all different shapes, come with animal pictures on the front of them and have a cute packet. They come in a fairly big packet though and I definitely would not get through it in one go. I guess they may be designed to share or to keep in the cupboard as prolonged snack food. 

Upon tasting these meat free biscuits i wasn't that wowed. They are very bland, dry and not that exciting in anyway. Though they do have a decent after taste. And now that I am sitting here and thinking about it, I do want to eat some more of them. 

I guess I would compare them to miniature arrowroot biscuits. They taste very similar and have almost the same texture. I also got these ones from Madam Hoo's in Castle Towers, but these were a bit more expensive at $3.90 for the bag, which still isn't too bad.

To summarise, I am not against these at all, but I was a bit let down. The animals on the biscuits are kind of cute and the packaging keeps the cuteness going. They aren't amazing in taste, but they don't taste terrible. I've eaten about 6 now and I am actually enjoying them. Though they are quite bland and leave you wanting a drink. Milk might go really well with these. They could also be an awesome lunch box snack for kids, and the animals are fun for children as well. Im not so sure about the nutritional side of this snack, as it is all in japanese, but I will give them a 2.5/5 overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment